Prophet 12 and Tempest 1.3 Update Clinic, 8/3/2013 August 02 2013
Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12 and Tempest 1.3 update clinic.
Saturday, August 3rd, 2013 at 2pm
Stop by the shop on Saturday August 3rd at 2PM for another view of what Dave Smith calls his best synthesizer yet AND get the latest on what the Tempest's version 1.3 update adds to this sick Analog drum machine.
Former ROBOTSPEAker Carson Day (now employed full time with DSI), is back from a European DSI Prophet 12/Tempest tour. Carson will be in the shop to answer any questions you may have about the Prophet 12 and Tempest as he Demo's/jams on both of these electronic musical instruments.
It's free !
Please RSVP info [at] robotspeak.com
Alive at Robotspeak and the Lower Haight Art Walk
Saturday, June 1st, 2013 - Starts at 4pm
ROBOTSPEAk continues it's Alive Music Event series in conjunction with an afternoon Lower Haight Art Walk Saturday, June 1st from 5PM till the cops come.
SD&T (Carson Day) 8:45 PM
Analog everything and the likes a la' techno and who knows what else.
DemonGrass 7:45 PM
A trio featuring analog techno, keys and madness
Slope 114 7PM
Serge Modulars custom made by ROBOTSPEAk's own Dimitri with analog clone modular Serge Drum sounds synthesizers and vocals
Shiny Things 6PM
Live drums run through analog processors and analog synthesizers = free form experimental electro something
Smash and Grab 5PM
Minimal techno to electro, glitch and 2-stepped drum and bass garage vibes.
Tk all day?????
Using pen and ink, artist Todd Kurnat will illustrate in real time on a vertical plane.
BYOB and Free!
Workshop: Reason 7, 06/08/13 May 22 2013
Sequencing and Recording Hardware Synths with Reason 7
Saturday, June 8th, 1:00pm
Join us for this free in store workshop with Kurt 'Peff' Kurasaki where the discussion will trek through the nuances of sequencing and recording hardware synths with Propellerhead Reason 7. Kurt will host this workshop and explore the possibilities of expanding your Reason based productions with hardware synthesizers. This informal workshop will explore the new External MIDI Instrument device and MIDI Out features in Propellerhead Reason 7. We will discuss the technology behind MIDI and what you need to get started, using Reason’s Control Voltage modulation features with MIDI, and workflow tips for recording MIDI instruments. The workshop then will open up to a group participation exercise where people can get some hands on experience sequencing and recording some of the latest and greatest keyboards, synths, and analog modular systems available in the shop.
This is the biggest Reason upgrade ever for ROBOTSPEAk hardware based customers!
Take a long trip around the shop while Synthesizer Man performs on his 1975 era Serge. Doug Bought this, the first commercially available Serge ever sold, back in 1974 or 75.
All of this was going on while ROBOTSPEAk's Serge Modular Build Workshop (happens every 3rd Saturday) was unfolding. Attendees built Serge Modules and listened to the sounds of the olde Serge while the smell of Solder permeated throughout the shop.
Oberheim's 2 Voice Pro and Son of 4 Voice May 02 2013
2 Voice Pro
People often ask me: "Tom, what was the favorite one of your synthesizers from before?" And my answer is always: "the Two Voice"!
So, I am bringing back the Two Voice, very similar to the original, but with the addition of a few interesting upgrades. I expect to start deliveries in the first quarter of 2013.
- Mini-Sequencer is enhanced - you still generate a sequence with the knobs ( up to 16 positions ) but you can store sequences from the knobs into flash memory (up to 99 sequences stored)
- Two sequences can be played simultaneously (or play one sequence while also playing on the keyboard, like the old one)
- After sequences are stored in flash memory, you can edit them to add 2-way, 3-way or 4-way ratcheting and you can program the gate length from zero (like a rest) up to almost the complete step length
- Sequences can be chained into songs, and each step in a song can be programmed for sequence number, transpose amount and number of repeats
- Sequencer syncs to Midi Clock
- Keyboard outputs velocity and pressure
- Each module (both SEMs, Mini-Sequencer, Keyboard Control) has mini-jack patch points (over 50 patchpoints)
- Pitch and Modulation wheels
- Pan pots
- Headphone output
- Separate Vibrato LFO
The U.S. price of the new Two Voice Pro is $3495
Son Of 4 Voice Polyphonic Synthesizer: SO4V
The response to my earlier announcement of the Son of 4 Voice has been totally overwhelming and gratifying to me. Thanks to all of you who have shown an interest in the SO4V. However, it has caught me completely off guard from a production point of view, so I have decided to delay introduction of the SO4V until later this year. In addition to allowing me to get production organized, I am using the time to add a few much-requested features, such as enhancement of the Programmer section and also the inclusion of a complete set of patchpoints.
I am still 100% committed to bringing the SO4V to market, and I expect that this will happen around mid-2013.
- Four classic Synthesizer Expander Module (SEM) synth modules
- SEMs are 100% discrete analog - no custom chips
- New state of the art Voice Control & Programmer retains all features of the original Four Voice Programmer and Keyboard control modules while adding new capabilities
- SO4V may be used as a four-voice polyphonic synthesizer or as four individual synthesizers under MIDI control
- Two MIDI sync capable LFOs with multiple waveshapes including sample and hold per voice
- Two programmable ADSR envelope generators per voice
- Selectable master tuning (both VCOs or VCO2 only) allows easy detuning for huge unison sounds
- Polyphonic portamento with linear or exponential response
- Noise generator connected to filter input #1
- External audio or A440 tuning reference connected to filter input #2
- Updated output module with mix and pan control for each voice
- Two SO4Vs can be easily connected together - result: eight voices!
- Signature plate--each SO4V comes with Tom Oberheim's signature on the front
U.S. Price: To Be Determined
Serge Modular Performance, 4/20/13 April 09 2013
Live at Robotspeak: Serge Modular Performance
Saturday, April 20, 2013 at 2:00pm
Free in store performance from The Church Of The Super Serge Presents Dhyan Moller performing on an early 80s era DIY Serge!
BYOB and Free!
Live at Robotspeak: Fartbarf, 4/27/2013 April 09 2013
Live at Robotspeak: Fartbarf
Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 7:30pm
Join us for an early show Featuring two all analog sets-no laptops! Fartbarf will rock ROBOTSPEAk into a demented state of dementia with a live drummer, vocoded wackiness and vintage analog synthesizers. ROBOTSPEAk's trusted house musician SD&T (Carson Day) will open the night up which as always, is a guaranteed adventure into sonic perfection.
Peep the Fartbarf videos below...
Ableton Push Clinic, 3/30/13 March 28 2013
Ableton Push Clinic
Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 1pm
Ableton and Robotspeak are proud to be partnering with Ableton Certified Trainer Lenny Kiser for a uniquely intimate Ableton Push workshop starting at 1PM on Saturday March 30th.
Please join us for this free clinic at Northern California's only electronic music shop and THE Lower Haight electronic music performance space, ROBOTSPEAk. Come get up close and personal with Push, Ableton's new and unique hardware instrument, through an exclusive workshop aimed at uncovering new features, exploring advanced music making techniques and offering participants a play themselves. Whether you are a seasoned pro or just discovering Live for the first time, expect this event to be an insightful and fun experience for all attendees.
Please RSVP info at robotspeak.com
- Page 2 of 2