Mutant Hi Hats
Hex took one of the most revered bassdrum synthesis designs of all time and completely redesigned it for use in a modular analogue synthesizer.
Graphics design and illustration by Hannes Pasqualini
While the internal noise generator is based on the metallic noise generator in the 808, you can plug virtually ANY sound source into the EXT input and make all sorts of cool hihats!
- analogue hihat circuitry capable of synthesising vanilla TR-808 open and closed hihat sounds (simultaneously)
- external audio input lets you synthesise hihats from virtually any sound source (Jupiter Storm, vcNOIZ, etc.)
- lo-fidelity original VCAs replaced by OTA-based modern VCAs
- VCA DRIVE control for each hihat allows you to dial in anything from soft metallic hihats to extremely overdriven, crunchy hihats
- Exclusive switch lets you select how the two hihats (open/closed) interact with eachother when triggered at the same time
- cutoff frequency control for internal resonant bandpass filter
- resonant filter can be switched on/off
- modular level mutual accent input (0-5V CV)
- trigger input accepts almost anything as a trigger signal
- non-invasive analogue optocouplers used for voltage control, thus, completely vintage sounds can still be had if that's what you're after!
- completely redesigned, hi-fi signal chain spares no expense by replacing cheap transistor amplifiers with low noise opamp and OTA equivalents
- you can dial in super hot, modular level output levels (up to 20Vp-p!)