Roland Aira TR-8:
The TR-8 is a performance rhythm machine that carries on the legendary sound of the TR-808 and TR-909 with features and functions for the modern age. Genre-defining sounds, classic effects, 16 step-sequence live pattern manipulation, and solid, intuitive performance controls.
The TR-8 is bundled with 16 kits made up of 11 instrument types, including custom dream kits that use both TR-808 and TR-909 classics sounds. You can create real-time pattern creation using these kits up to 32 steps with on the fly count adjustment. Tune and Decay knobs are now present on every instrument, and the Bass Drum and Snare Drum have additional controls such as Attack, Snappy, and Comp. This allows for a wide variety of tones, from subtle ambient percussion to pounding dance grooves. with per-step effects and the new Scatter, your drum beats can be taken to another level.
Scatter is a unique performance function that gives you detailed real-time control over variations in your patterns and any incoming external input signal that can reverse, glitch, gate, truncate, stutter, and perform all manner of rhythmic variations from subtle to extreme, and all in perfect sync to your songs tempo.
- Large Tempo knob with Tap Tempo button and continuous Fine and Shuffle adjustment knobs
- Control the intensity of the Accent function with a dedicated knob
- Mix sources connected to the External In jacks with built-in per-step Side Chain function for rhythmic ducking and gating effects
- 7 segment, 4 character LED display and 16 per-step pads with bold, full-color LEDs
- Rec/Play modes have been eliminated, enabling seamless switching between step input and real-time pattern making and performance
- Real-time play of 4 different types of rolls (8th, 16th, VARI 1, VARI 2) and per-instrument mutes.
- Pattern copy and pattern randomization for rapid, spontaneous creativity
- Two assignable analog outputs and full parallel outputs via USB
- Two legendary TR series drum machines — the TR-808 and TR-909 — in one... and much more!
- Analog Circuit Behavior technology provides component-to-component modeling for unrivaled authenticity
- Includes 16 stunning kits made up of 11 instrument types, or you can build kits made of sounds from the TR-808 and TR-909
- Control the intensity of the Accent function as well as per-step gated reverb and delay effects in real time with dedicated knobs
- Built-in Side Chain function lets you create rhythmic ducking effects on external inputs with per-step control
- Two assignable analog outputs plus full parallel outputs via USB offer total mixing flexibility
- Enter steps manually or record your drums in real time to create grooves on the fly
- Original TR-REC behavior provides an authentic TR series programming experience
- Quickly mute and unmute individual instrument to rearrange your beat in real time
- Perform rolls in 4 different styles to get the rhythmical effects you desire
- 16 backlit per-step pads make pattern creation easy (supports up to 32-step patterns)
- Traditional A/B pattern arrangement provides easy switching for maximum flexibility
- Change Step Count during playback to create different length phrases
- No separate record and play modes (as found on the originals) lets you seamlessly switch between pattern creation and performance
- Dedicated Tempo controls and TR-909 Shuffle control lets you create beats that pulse and groove naturally
- 7-segment/4-character LED display shows the current tempo and gives you easy access to the Tap Tempo function
- Random pattern generation lets you discover new grooves and get creatively spontaneous during live performance
- Scatter function with 10 styles and variable intensity lets you inject chaos and excitement into your patterns
- USB connection provides audio and MIDI communication to your computer
- Solid MIDI clock sync provides tight timing with external gear, such as the rest of the AIRA series