Granular audio processor. Granularizes in real-time the incoming audio stream or the “frozen” delay/recording buffer.
- Recording buffer duration: 1s (32kHz, 16-bit, stereo) to 8s (16kHz, 8-bit µ-law, mono). 4 quality settings.
- Grain size: 16ms to 1s.
- Maximum number of concurrent grains: 40 to 60 depending on recording buffer resolution.
- Grain generation time-base: periodical, randomized, or externally clocked.
- Grain envelopes: continuously variable between boxcar, triangle, Hann.
- Playback modes: granular, microlooper/buffer-lock, time-domain pitch-shifter/time-stretcher (WSOLA), ????.
- 4-AP diffuser to post-process the granularized signal.
- Post processing (blending) settings: dry/wet balance, random panning amount, feedback amount, reverb amount.
- 4 memory locations for “frozen” recording buffers.
- Freeze push-button.
- Blending setting (or audio quality) selection button.
- Load/save button.
- Grain position, size and pitch knobs.
- Input gain knob, -18dB to 6dB.
- Grain density and texture knobs.
- Multi-function “Blending mode” knob.
Inputs and outputs
- Buffer freeze gate input.
- Grain generation trigger input.
- Grain position CV.
- Grain size CV.
- Pitch-shifting/transposition 1V/Oct CV.
- Dry/wet CV (or feedback, balance, reverb amount – depending on blend mode).
- Grain density CV.
- Grain texture/timbre CV.
- 2-channel audio input (line-level, with pre-amplifier/attenuator).
- 2-channel audio output (modular level).
- Input impedances: 100k.
- CV range: +/- 5V. CVs outside of this range are simply clipped.
- Internal processing: 32kHz, 32-bit floating point. RAM Recording buffer uses 16-bit (high quality) or 8-bit µ-law (low quality) resolution.
- Open-source hardware and firmware.
- Easy firmware updates through an audio interface.
- Cortex-M4 ARM processor.
- Current consumption: +12V: 120mA ; -12V: 10mA.