THE ICONIC VP-330 VOCODER IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND
The VP-03 is a miniature version of the VP-330 Vocoder Plus, one of the most popular vocoders ever made. Part of the Roland Boutique series, the VP-03 brings together the worlds of synthesized sound and the human voice, using the latest ACB technology to accurately emulate the sound that made the original so influential. The VP-03 has the VP-330’s vocoder, human voice, and strings sound sources on board, and comes with a gooseneck microphone. And when paired with the optional K-25m Keyboard Unit, you’ve got the authentic VP-330 vibe in a reliable, low-cost setup that’s highly portable. There are new features too, including 16 Chord Memory setups and a Voice Step Sequencer for even more creative potential. Whether you want the classic, electro-infused “talking robot” sound or the expressive power of shaping synth sounds with the human voice, the VP-03 puts it all at your fingertips.
- Ultra-compact recreation of the iconic VP-330 Vocoder Plus
- Retains the sound, character, and user interface of the original VP-330
- Gooseneck XLR mic included
- New features include Voice Step Sequencer and Chord Memory function for one-finger performance
- High-quality construction with metal front panel
- Highly portable for mobile music making
- Battery-operated (4 x AA) or USB powered
- Built-in powered mini-speaker for instant enjoyment
- Dual ribbon controllers for pitch bend, modulation, and one-touch sound preview
- Compatible with optional K-25m Keyboard Unit and DK-01 Docking Case
New Voice Step Sequencer
The VP-03 includes a new Voice Step Sequencer not included in the original VP-330, which allows you to input a single note, chord, or your voice into each of the 16 steps, with each step comprising up to six notes. The result is a distinctive rhythmic effect that brings dynamic motion to the VP-03. You can use a series of functions to change the order of steps within the sequence for unpredictable and inspiring results. Saving your best sequences to a computer via USB is easy using the backup/restore function.
New Chord Memory Function
- Another new function not found in the original VP-330 is Chord Memory, which lets you play back chords using just one finger. With 16 locations available, you can quickly store and recall your favorite chords using one of the 16 step buttons. You can also create your own chords and save them into these locations, and back them up to your computer using the backup/restore function.
Connect With External Gear
In addition to line and headphone outputs (both in mini-jack format), the VP-03 is equipped with a full-size XLR mic input. Simply connect the supplied gooseneck mic to fully unlock the VP-03’s creative potential, using your voice (or any other sound) to filter and shape the onboard synthesized sounds. You can also connect the VP-03 to other devices, either through the standard MIDI IN/OUT ports or via a Micro-B USB connection that handles both audio and MIDI data.
Optional K-25 Keyboard Unit
The VP-03 works especially well with the K-25m, an optional 25-note keyboard that takes your music making to the next level. Once docked in the keyboard, the module’s front panel adjusts to three positions for convenient access to the knobs and sliders. Just attach the included gooseneck mic and you’re ready to go!
Battery or USB Bus Power
Some of the best music is made away from the studio, so the Roland Boutique series runs on 4 x AA batteries, ready for when inspiration strikes. Alternatively, you can use the VP-03 with USB bus power. Incredibly portable, the VP-03 weighs just 940 g/33 oz. with the batteries installed.
USB Audio Interface for Direct Recording into your Daw
Via its USB port, the VP-03 also functions as a high-quality audio interface, providing a simple and reliable way of recording directly to your DAW application. You can keep your favorite settings and voice step sequencer patterns safe too via the USB data backup function.
User MemoryChord Memory: 16ControllersVOLUME knob
Ribbon Controllers C1, C2
PLUG-IN POWER (MIC) switch
C1 MODE switch PITCH SHIFT Section:
PITCH SET knob
AUTO/OFF/MANUAL switch BALANCE Section:
DIRECT MIC slider
HUMAN VOICE slider
STRINGS slider VIBRATO Section:
DELAY TIME slider
DEPTH slider VOCODER Section:
VOCODER ON/OFF switch
TONE slider HUMAN VOICE Section
MALE 8' switch
FEMALE 4' switch
ATTACK slider VOCODER/HUMAN VOICE/STRING Common Section
RELEASE slider STRINGS Section
TONE sliderMEMORY button1–16 buttons
PLAY/STOP buttonEffectsENSEMBLE (chorus)Step Sequencer716 steps
Sampling voice (100 ms)IndicatorsPeak LED
Signal LEDConnectorsTMIC IN jack: XLR type
PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
OUTPUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
USB port: Micro-B type (Audio, MIDI)Power SupplyRechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
USB bus powerCurrent Draw500 mA (USB bus power)Expected battery life under continuous useRechargeable Ni-MH battery: Approx. 6 hours
* This can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.ACCESSORIES Dedicated microphone
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4