Designed to provide a powerful, flexible sampling engine for modular synthesis, the ASSIMIL8OR Multi-Timbral Phase Modulation Sampler module is the latest incarnation of Dave Rossum’s decades-long pioneering of affordable professional sampling technology.
ASSIMIL8OR provides eight independent channels of sampling with sound quality that can range from extremely hi-fi to low fi, all with extensive real-time CV control.
Key ASSIMIL8OR features will include:
- Eight-channel multi-timbral operation. Each channel will be available from its own independent output as well as appearing in the stereo mix output.
- Superb 24-bit A/D and D/A conversion.
- Mono or stereo sampling. Channels can be configured as eight mono voices, four stereo voices, or any combination. (Well, any combination that adds up to eight).
- The ability to assign up to 8 samples to each channel and select between them in real time via CV.
- DC coupling through the signal path for sampling of control voltages.
- Unique timbral capabilities with the ability to phase modulate samples by external analog signals or by other samples (a first, we believe).
- Variable sample fidelity with independently selectable sample rate and bit depth.
- Real-time CV control of bit depth.
- Real-time CV control of aliasing (from virtually none to lots).
- Extensive sample manipulation and looping capabilities.
- Sample scrubbing under CV control.
- One-shot or gated sample playback with variable attack and release times.
- Gate/trigger inputs and CV inputs for each sample that can be assigned independently for each channel to virtually any sample parameter. Examples include:Pitch
- A front panel accessible SD card for sample and preset storage.
- And a lot more…