The Subsequent 37 is a (2-note) paraphonic analog synthesizer that builds on the award-winning design of the Sub 37 Tribute Edition. Its control panel has 40 knobs and 74 switches, placing a vast array of analog sound design tools and onboard sequencing options immediately at your command. The Subsequent 37 improves upon its source through the implementation of user-requested enhancements. Each enhancement maintains the magic and character of its predecessor while also providing access to new dimensions of sound and improved playability.
Even better than before
The Subsequent 37 mixer section has double the headroom of that in the Sub 37 Tribute Edition. This provides access to a new range of classic clean tones in both mono and duo performance modes. Leveraging the mixer’s newfound flexibility, gain-staging in the Ladder filter has been reshaped to boost harmonic saturation and analog compression, resulting in an overall richer low end. Completing the sonic evolution of the Subsequent 37 is a re-tuned Multidrive circuit that extends well beyond the grit and growl of the original Sub 37. In addition to the sound engine augmentation, each Subsequent 37 comes with an upgraded keybed for improved playability, a high-powered headphone amplifier strong enough to drive the most demanding headphones, and a software plug-in/editor for both Windows and Mac platforms.
Powerful sound shaping
The Subsequent 37 comes stacked with 256 pre-loaded presets divided in 16 banks with 16 patches per bank and they showcase the wide range of sounds this synth is capable of. Though the real fun comes with the knob-per-function design that lets you explore every aspect of the Subsequent 37's sound design capability, leaving you to create some of your own unique, original presets. Powering the sound are two variable waveshape oscillators, one square wave sub oscillator, one analog noise generator, an external input/feedback generator and a whole lot of attitude. To shape your sound, Subsequent 37 has a 20Hz-20kHz Moog Ladder filter with 6, 12, 18 and 24B per octave slopes and a MultiDrive functions. There are also two DAHDSR (Delay, Attack, Hold, Decay, Sustain, Release) envelope generators and a fully featured mixer section with dedicated controls and mutes for each sound source. Playing the Subsequent 37 is as enjoyable as creating sounds, thanks to its 37-note semi-weighted keybed with velocity sensitivity and aftertouch.
- All the controls and features found on the Sub 37 Tribute Edition
- Richer low end and greater sonic dimension
- More Multidrive—wider range and dirtier than ever before
- More headroom means Duo mode sounds even better
- 37-note keypad with swift action and aftertouch
- 2 assignable mod busses, 2 DAHDSR looping envelopes
- Ultra-powerful arpeggiator/sequencer
- 256 presets—16 banks of 16 patches
- Sources: LFO (Triangle, Square, Saw, Ramp, Sample & Hold), Filter EG/PGM
- Programmable Sources: Amp Env, Constant ON, Sine LFO, Noise LFO, Osc 1 Pitch, Osc 2 Pitch, Seq Note, Seq Vel, and Seq Mod.
- DESTINATIONS: Osc 1 Pitch, Osc 2, Osc 1 & 2 Pitch, Filter, LFO Rate, VCA Level, Osc 1 Wave, Osc 2 Wave, Osc 1 & 2 Wave, Noise Level, EG Time/PGM
- LFO panel features: Hi/Low Range from .01Hz–1kHz, MIDI Sync, KB Reset
- ENVELOPES: DAHDSR Envelopes with Multi-Trigger, Reset, Looping, MIDI Sync, Latch, and Variable control of EG Delay, Hold, Velocity Amount, KB Tracking.
- Audio input: 1xTS
- Audio output: 1xTS, 1xTRS Headphone with separate volume control
- Presets: 256 Presets - 16 Banks x 16 presets
- MIDI I/O: DIN In/Out, and MIDI over USB
- CV/GATE input: Filter CV, Pitch CV, Volume CV, KB Gate
- Mod 1x Ctrl, Mod 2, Mod 2 x Ctrl, Filter EG, Amp EG, Pitch Wheel, Mod Wheel, Seq Mod, Duo Pitch.
- GATE destinations: KB Gate (is also sequence gate), Ext. Gate, Arp/Seq Clock, Arp/Seq Run/Stop, Arp/Seq Step 1 Trig, Filt EG Trigger, Amp EG Trigger, LFO 1 Rate, LFO 2 Rate.
- Dimensions: 6.75 x 26.75 x 14.75 in.
- Weight: 22 lbs