Oberheim's 2 Voice Pro and Son of 4 Voice
2 Voice Pro
People often ask me: "Tom, what was the favorite one of your synthesizers from before?" And my answer is always: "the Two Voice"!
So, I am bringing back the Two Voice, very similar to the original, but with the addition of a few interesting upgrades. I expect to start deliveries in the first quarter of 2013.
- Mini-Sequencer is enhanced - you still generate a sequence with the knobs ( up to 16 positions ) but you can store sequences from the knobs into flash memory (up to 99 sequences stored)
- Two sequences can be played simultaneously (or play one sequence while also playing on the keyboard, like the old one)
- After sequences are stored in flash memory, you can edit them to add 2-way, 3-way or 4-way ratcheting and you can program the gate length from zero (like a rest) up to almost the complete step length
- Sequences can be chained into songs, and each step in a song can be programmed for sequence number, transpose amount and number of repeats
- Sequencer syncs to Midi Clock
- Keyboard outputs velocity and pressure
- Each module (both SEMs, Mini-Sequencer, Keyboard Control) has mini-jack patch points (over 50 patchpoints)
- Pitch and Modulation wheels
- Pan pots
- Headphone output
- Separate Vibrato LFO
The U.S. price of the new Two Voice Pro is $3495
Son Of 4 Voice Polyphonic Synthesizer: SO4V
The response to my earlier announcement of the Son of 4 Voice has been totally overwhelming and gratifying to me. Thanks to all of you who have shown an interest in the SO4V. However, it has caught me completely off guard from a production point of view, so I have decided to delay introduction of the SO4V until later this year. In addition to allowing me to get production organized, I am using the time to add a few much-requested features, such as enhancement of the Programmer section and also the inclusion of a complete set of patchpoints.
I am still 100% committed to bringing the SO4V to market, and I expect that this will happen around mid-2013.
- Four classic Synthesizer Expander Module (SEM) synth modules
- SEMs are 100% discrete analog - no custom chips
- New state of the art Voice Control & Programmer retains all features of the original Four Voice Programmer and Keyboard control modules while adding new capabilities
- SO4V may be used as a four-voice polyphonic synthesizer or as four individual synthesizers under MIDI control
- Two MIDI sync capable LFOs with multiple waveshapes including sample and hold per voice
- Two programmable ADSR envelope generators per voice
- Selectable master tuning (both VCOs or VCO2 only) allows easy detuning for huge unison sounds
- Polyphonic portamento with linear or exponential response
- Noise generator connected to filter input #1
- External audio or A440 tuning reference connected to filter input #2
- Updated output module with mix and pan control for each voice
- Two SO4Vs can be easily connected together - result: eight voices!
- Signature plate--each SO4V comes with Tom Oberheim's signature on the front
U.S. Price: To Be Determined